Total Pageviews

Friday, November 5, 2010

I learned a little bit about Blogging at VT Fest 2010!

I have been lucky enough to spend two full days at the VITA-Learn Annual Education Technology Conference in Killington, VT this week! My brain is on overload. One of the things that interested me most was Blogging! Many teachers are using blogs to connect with their students' families and caregivers. It is an exciting, fun and easy way to share information.
So I am thinking that it will be really interesting to set up an OT blog and describe how I am using the iPad in my work as an Occupational Therapist in the school setting. However, since I work with students with special needs, I will need to review the best approach for me to blog to be sure to respect the confidentiality of the students with whom I work. So be patient while I figure it out and I will continue posting my progress!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Jeanne's sister Mary from New York. I am interested in learning more about the iPad and its use with tweens diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome. I am especially interested in its applications to help in the areas of writing and motor planning (we are currently using visual schedules to help with transitions & self care). I am not a 'blogger' but I will try to follow to learn from each of you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Aboard, Mary. Are you using iPods or iPads yet? If so what Apps have you tried?
    By the way, I only became a blogger 4 days ago, so hold tight, it could be a wild ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty:
    I loved our class recently and look forward to the next one. We went to the apple store at the Carousel Mall in Syracuse and I was amazed at the discussions of new technology, etc. It was awesome! So grateful to live during this techi age. Are you aware of any upcoming conferences that may apply to this stuff? Just wondering. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete